Technical Writer, IT / Cloud Security
This is a long-term (12-24 months) contract that can be done remotely. Meetings are generally East-Coast hours and some with Europe, so we seek a consultant in the Eastern or Central Time Zones. Immediate interview and hire!
This position will develop various written communications (including Quick Reference Cards, Slide Decks, etc) to help the global employees of this client understand certain topics around IT (Specifically cloud) security. The writer will need to meet with various team members and develop the content iteratively, and in some cases they mmay end up presenting their work in meetings and trainings. So we need an experienced writer with some experience writing about cloud technologies, and they should also have good verbal skills and be comfortable discussing and presenting in group settings as well as 1-on-1.
• Develop and edit comprehensive functionals and technical documentation that meets organizational standards including, training awareness materials for Security Management with Cloud Security as primary focus.
• Obtain a deep understanding of products and services to translate complex product information into simple, polished, and engaging content
• Independently gather information from subject matter experts to develop, organize, and write procedural documentation such as user guides and manuals, technical specifications, and process documentation
• Determine the type of publication that will serve the project requirements
• Meet with technical, business and project teams to document specific products and processes.
• Assesses the audience needs for whom the documentation is intended
• Create works with graphics, diagrams, charts, other visual aids to improve readers ability to understand content
• Gather feedback from all levels of the organization to improve technical documentation
• Strong ability to address review feedback on prepared materials and also provide constructive feedback when evaluating available documentation
| % of time / Accountability:
– Write and edit technical documents including reference manuals and product manuals
– Write and edit procedural documentation such as user guides, manuals, processes, procedures, quick reference cards
– Prepare training material and presentations
– Determine the type of publication that will best serve the project requirements
– Meet with subject-matter experts to ensure specialized topics are appropriately addressed
– Analyze information required for the development or update of policy, procedure and form documentation
– Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities
Develop training and awareness materials on security management and cloud security, collaborate with other contacts for these efforts.
Support the maintenance and enhancement of Security Management materials, process and procedures
Prepare status report and present
Excellent communicator with strong presentation skills, comfortable presenting to management on ongoing activities as well as strategy.
• Strong experience planning, executing, managing and reporting skills for information protection assessments of cloud platforms
• Good understanding of Information Security and Cloud Environments
• Methodical approach to work, attention to detail, and delivery of high-quality results.
• Strong ability to multitask and work independently within a global team.
• Experienced working in multicultural environments and sensitive to different business cultures.
• Excellent spoken and written / report writing skills in English, other language skills a plus
• In depth skills in Technical writing, Presentation and Communication including translating technical documents for both business and technical users
• Minimum 4 years of technical writing and training experience, with at least 2 years of experience focusing on information security and technical aspects – management and/or assessment experience and practical cloud security experience within a corporate environment (global companies preferred).
• Good knowledge of cloud security architecture, governance and management across several cloud service models (IaaS, PaaS etc.).
• Strong communication and writing skills in English, proven ability to discuss with both business and technology management.
• Good understanding of industry leading practices and standards on information technology and cloud security, including NITSO 800-53, ISO 27001 and 27017, and cloud platform governance tools for Azure (e.g. Azure Policy) considered a plus.
• Strong ability to develop and deliver materials, training and communications for technology security management requirements and guidelines.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g. Computer Sciences, Computer Engineering, Information Technology and Security).: