Integrated Test Manager
A global, dynamic client of ours is looking for an Integrated Test Manager to successfully lead the integrated testing of IT and OT digital solutions. The role involves quality and test advocacy, resource planning and management, and resolution of issues that impede the test effort. The candidate will report to the Integrated Solution Delivery Lead who has overall accountability for developing, defining the integrated design, test and deployment methodology for the program; manage integrated testing, handover and release of solutions across multiple work fronts for the transformation program.
The successful candidate will:
- Enforce & execute against the Integrated Test Strategy (revising as needed); ensure E2E Strategic Scenarios are completely tested across the application landscape (Digital & Operations).
- Plan Resources required for each cycle and provide input to forecast modifications to the Integrated Solution Delivery Lead.
- Appoint & manage key roles that will work in conjunction with selected Partner Test COE Lead and team. [UAT Lead, Performance Lead, Regression Lead, Integration Lead]
- Provide Status on Prep & Execution activities to leadership with early warning indicators.
- Communicate Scope & Schedule for each cycle; collaborate with Test Resources to deconflict and prioritize.
- Establish with Test Data Analyst a data verification process in each environment to minimize Data errors during testing. (Dry Run of scenarios in Pre-Prod prior to UAT execution)
- Monitor cross stream readiness for Test Cycle (Build, Basis, Handover (TIOS/BAU)) – this includes, but not limited to, Build Complete % (incl Documentation), Readiness of: Environment, Integrated Application; Interfaces; Batch Jobs; Security; OSS message status & impact on defect resolution. Prepare Checklist Summary for Go-No Go meetings with Steering Committee for each Test Cycle, including open items, risks & recommendations.
- Provide Requirements for Test Tool (ALM?) to successfully manage all cycles & defect management. Work with Tools Admin: for administration of user roles & provisioning process and testing & documentation of the tool prior to use (due Q4 2021)- release for production use.
- Provide Estimating Model / assumptions for effect based on scope
- Work Package owner for Testing
- Functional/Unit/Interface Testing – ensure cross-platform teams are following Testing Strategy & best practices; Implementation partner & integrating application tech teams are properly documenting Test Results; lock & communicate Testing scope; data requirements; monitor progress against Entry Criteria for next cycle.
- Integrated Testing – Be the Test Lead for Integrated Testing. Collaborate with the Partner Test COE Test Lead. Work with Digital and Operations teams to determine critical process areas for integrated testing scope. Confirm Scope/Plan of each Integrated Cycle (assumes 3 with Build complete staggered); Manage Test Script Authoring/Approval process; Set up of Test Cases and oversee Integration Test Analysts conducting Prep meetings with Key stakeholders. Ensure clear schedule is communicated with proper lead time for resources, particularly outside of Test COE. Establish testing targets daily/weekly to ensure on track completion of cycles. Provide weekly testing analysis/summary (this will be incremental to real-time metrics that will be available in Power BI)
- User Acceptance Testing – Appoint & Manage UAT Lead. Work with Digital and Operations teams to finalize UAT scope, resource plan, test data requirements and any equipment required for UAT. Scripts/Scenarios should be leveraged from Integrated Test Plan. Ensure partnership with OCM to align Role Mapping & Training of UAT Testers.
- Performance Testing – Assign & Manage lead that will work with Digital and Operations teams to determine critical process areas for performance testing scope. Oversee confirmation of tool to use for performance testing; engage external resources/ contract for authoring and execution. Coordinate Activities with SAP Max Attention for Process Optimization
- Regression Testing – Appoint & Manage Regression Lead that will work with Digital and Operations teams to determine critical process areas for regression testing scope for R2+. Confirm & communicate Regression Scope with breakout of Manual vs. Automated. Oversee confirmation of tool to use for Automated Testing; engage external resources/ contract for authoring and execution of both Automated & Manual testing.
- Defect Management – Work with Test COE Partner to establish Daily, as needed, Defect Management Meetings with Build, Middleware, integrated application tech resources. Establish, communicate & enforce SLAs on Defect resolution turnaround based on criticality.
Skills and Qualifications
- 10+ years’ experience with major programs involving both IT and OT systems
- Has held a roles as Program Management and/or Testing positions with a track record in successful deployments
- Experienced with managing delivery in multi-vendor environments with a natural ability to drive alignment where there are disparate views
- Hands on experience in a manufacturing industry, preferably Chemicals and/or Mining
- Deep understanding of testing strategies & best practices and SDLC methodologies.
- Agile to effectively work across multiple time-zones.
- Business Skills:
- Understanding business strategy, organization and culture
- Knowledge of the manufacturing industry, a plus
- Exposure or direct experience with Operational Readiness practices and organizational change management
- Ability to quickly build broad network of business relationships and bridge the connection with technical SMEs
- Ability to manage delivery to time and budget including oversight of contractors and consultants
- Ability to balance compliance & quality with execution.
- Good Communication & Presentation skills.
- Business Skills:
- Technical and Information Skills:
- Experience with managing testing in highly complex integrated environments involving multiple 3rd parties
- Experience in managing Testing with SAP Core & Non-Core implementations
- Awareness of the ISA95 framework and associated IT and OT integration challenges
- Applying lean start-up/agile methods
- Highly knowledgeable on alternative methodologies / toolsets supporting Testing for multiple applications.
- Skilled with Testing practices and disciplines
- Experience in building and reporting on KPI for Testing.
- Technical and Information Skills:
Job ID: 4578