Windows / Azure Application Engineer - Long-term consultant
Our direct client in Northern NJ seeks an experienced Microsoft Application Engineer with Azure experience, to join the team on a long-term contract basis (12-36 months). Immediate interview and hire!
Job Title: Senior Application Engineer
Duties: The application Engineer is involved in most technical facets of the project lifecycle. They are the primary on understanding the technical specifications and working within the various globally dispersed teams to build and configure environments according to the designed specifications. The application Engineer works closely with all the stakeholders to configure and deploy custom business applications from POC and inception through to Production. They are assigned to one or more active project teams.
- Prior experience with application engineering required
- Ability to own multiple application engineering duties and provide post-implementation server and client support
- Attend and/or lead application team meetings representing Engineering with technical and non-technical staff and document deployment requirements
- Liaison to Senior Management, good presentation skills
- Work with offshore Engineering team to complete deployments, sometimes hands-on other times oversight responsibilities
- Administrative experience with Windows Server OS 2008/2012 required, 2016 Intermediate knowledge of MS IIS web platform.
- Understanding of http/s, SSL, Microsoft IIS 6.0/7.x/8.5 administration and configuration, networking protocols, Azure load balancing and storage.
- Significant experience as lead Engineer with Microsoft Azure IaaS (ARM Templates) & PaaS Services
- Proficiency in PowerShell scripting Functional understanding of Windows/System Patch Deployment, WSUS/SCCM and Microsoft System Center components: SCCM, SCOM, SCVMM Microsoft Hyper-V, Failover Clustering, CSV – Build, Administration, Best Practices, Maintenance
- General understanding of networking/LAN/WAN/DMZ concepts, firewall knowledge MS SQL Server 2005/2008/2012/2014/2016 administrative experience and relational database concepts
- Creation of simple SQL queries, running pre?defined scripts, configuration, security, and interpreting logs and traces.
- Working knowledge of LDAP and Microsoft Active Directory Administration and Maintenance, Group Policy Design and implementation VDS (virtual directory service) TLS 2.0+ Server certificates, public and private keys Encryption technologies, Bit locker/SSH, etc.
- Focus on system security/hardening
- Strong analytical and technical troubleshooting skills Knowledge of troubleshooting tools and techniques related to networks and systems i.e. remote access tools, Windows Support tools, connectivity tests, etc.
- Understanding of performance monitoring and capacity analysis Proficient written and verbal English skills
- General understanding of various IT security concepts as they relate to an enterprise environment.
- Flexibility in scheduling with a willingness to work extra or non-standard hours as needed
- Ability to work well within a multi-disciplinary team structure, but also independently
- MCP/MCSE certification (optional, but preferred)
- Knowledge of DevOps, its lifecycle tools and how they integrate into the DevOps process VSTS CI/CD Windows Containers System auditing tools
Certifications & Licenses Desired:
- MCSE certification
- ACTIVE DIRECTORY
- CLIENT SUPPORT
- DIRECTORY SERVICE
- IIS 6
- LEAD ENGINEER
- LOAD BALANCING
- MICROSOFT IIS 6.0
- PRESENTATION SKILLS
- REMOTE ACCESS
- DEV OPS
- EXCELLENT WRITTEN AND VERBAL COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- INTERNET INFORMATION SERVICES
- MS SQL SERVER
Job ID: 4314