Project Manager Hiring Guide
Recruiting a Project Manager requires a clear and thorough action plan. Our new Benchmark IT Project Manager Hiring Guide offers best practices for recruiting PMs with right technical and communication skills.
The role of a Project Manager can vary depending on the organization. However, team collaboration, communication, and cooperation remain vital to ensure project success. Nearly 40% of IT projects fail because of unclear and undefined objectives and milestones.
Candidates must be able to multitask, manage a project team, and keep them focused on the project schedule. An effective PM is highly organized and can manage their project team to reach their goal on time and within budget.
The Benchmark IT Project Manager Hiring Guide covers:
- The ideal project manager salary (see the complete hiring toolkit for insights from our 2021 Technology Salary and Hiring Guide).
- The factors, traits, and skillsets needed for success
- Requirements for the ideal job description
- Interview questions including notes for the interviewer
- Must-haves for a Project Manager job ad