Integrated Release Manager
Position Title: Integrated Release Manager
A global, dynamic client of ours has a long term consulting opportunity for an Integrated Release Manager to be responsible for successfully leading Release Management for IT and OT digital solutions for a digital solutions project. The Release Manager is responsible for planning, coordinating, and controlling the movement of code to live environments. The roles primary objective is to ensure that the integrity of the live environment is protected and that the correct components are released. The successful candidate will report to the Integrated Solution Delivery Lead who has overall accountability for developing defining the integrated design, test and deployment methodology for the program; manage integrated testing, handover and release of solutions across multiple work fronts for the transformation program.
The successful candidate will:
• Be the work package owner for Release Management: Establish Release Management Strategy & related procedures to be used across all applications. Continually work towards making improvements in the release process
o Process Owner for Change & Request Management for SAP utilizing Solution Manager ChaRM tool; Establish & govern process
o Provide Requirements for SOLMAN ChaRM to successfully manage all Requests for Change (RFC) (ie SAP code). Establish approach for administration of user roles & provisioning and testing & documentation of the tool prior to use (due Q3 2021) – release for production use.
• Provide a forward plan of the release windows and cycles across the portfolio ensuring operations can move from one steady state to another
• Maintain a release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across key partners and vendors in scope for the project (Digital & Operations); take into consideration needed blackout periods and establish an exception process/escalation for such. (i.e. year-end)
• Maintain a release repository and manage key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists
• Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
• Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and within budget, and that they meet or exceed expectations
• Appoint & manage SAP Release Analyst / Coordinator
• Establish matrix org of Release Analysts (Change Leads) per application/process area. This group shall review all in scope changes planned for a release, identify conflicts, verify proper design, build, test processes & documentation are followed; verify Knowledge Transfer (KT) and transition to run is ready. Working in conjunction with the Handover/Transitions Lead.
o Participate in CAB (Change Approval Board) meetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks
• Establish standard communications plan for Release Scope & Schedule
o Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes
o Coordinate release content and effort based on the service request backlog, pending service requests, third party applications, or operating system updates
o Conduct Release Readiness reviews, as input to Milestone & Business Go/No-Go reviews led by Project Management Office (PMO)
• Support Cutover activities
• Ensure Configuration Management Database (CMDB) is kept up to date, that changes are appropriately managed.
• Work with Service Management team to support ServiceNow implementation – provide requirements of the process for effectiveness of the workflow and approvals.
Skills and Qualifications
• 10+ years’ experience in information systems operations environment in systems analysis or development with major programs involving both IT and OT systems
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
• 2-6 years of previous release, testing and/or project management experience, (Solid understanding / formal training of project management principles preferred)
• Experienced with managing delivery in multi-vendor environments with a natural ability to drive alignment where there are disparate views
• Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
• Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills
• Agile to effectively work across multiple time-zones.
o Business Skills:
? Understanding business strategy, organization and culture
? Exposure or direct experience with Operational Readiness practices and organizational change management
? Ability to quickly build broad network of business relationships and bridge the connection with technical SMEs
? Ability to balance compliance & quality with execution.
? Good communication & presentation skills.
o Technical and Information Skills:
? General PC knowledge incl. Microsoft Office; expert level knowledge of Excel
? Experience implementing & managing SAP Solution Manager/Change & Request Management (ChaRM)
? Awareness of the ISA95 framework and associated IT and OT integration challenges
? Experience in building and reporting on KPI for Releases.
? Highly methodical and structured thinking
? Drives alignment through application of decision quality processes and disciplined planning
? Leads, inspires and builds trust with others
? Coaching and developing; Influencing and persuading
? Results orientated
Job ID: 4613