The ScrumMaster is a key role in Agile software development responsible for ensuring that Scrum practices and processes are followed by the team. The ScrumMaster serves as the liaison between the Product Owner and the Agile software development team. This role helps the team reach peak productivity, coaches and mentors resources, resolves impediments that block a team and help track their progress. The ScrumMaster also plays a critical role in the adoption of Scrum and other Agile development practices by the organization. Must have significant experience ramping up, coaching and mentoring teams to peak productivity working in a complex inter dependent software development environment.
The successful candidate will be considered a subject-matter expert in Scrum software development methodology, be an effective communicator with strong servant leadership skills, have excellent logic and problem solving skills and a drive to make a difference. SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework is a plus)
Liaison & Communication
-Serve as liaison between technical and non-technical (business) departments.
-Communicate with other management, developers, product managers, product relationship and technical support specialists on product issues.
-Facilitate Software Development
-Organize and facilitate project planning, daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other Scrum-related meetings.
-Track and communicate team velocity and sprint/release progress.
-Maintain process documentation. Ensure the development teams are practicing the core Agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility.
-Assist as needed with backlog maintenance.
-Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
-Assist with prioritization and resolution of defects / bugs.
Team & Process Management
-Participate proactively in developing and maintaining team standards, tools, and best practices.
-Identify and remove impediments, prevents distractions to the team.
-Facilitate discussion and conflict resolution.
-Empower the team to self-organize.
Skills and Experience Desired:
– This needs to be an individual that puts the team before themselves. They will be responsible for enforcing the rules of Scrum, removing impediments from their team while promoting self-management and constantly improving standards of work. May act as a source for mentoring of less experienced department staff.
- Four-year college diploma or university degree in computer systems design or computer science, and/or 10 years equivalent work experience
- Certified ScrumMaster with at least 2 + years of experience in this role post certification
- Thorough understanding of Scrum software development methodology, values, practices and procedures. Deep understanding of Agile principles and iterative development methodologies
- Familiarity with Microsoft and software development
- Experience with Microsoft Azure DevOps / TFS / Visual Team Services
- Ability to understand technical issues and identify the means to resolving them
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail.
- Creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems
- Ability to deal with multiple projects and deadlines
- Collaborative in driving decisions. Ability to coach the team to reach their highest potential
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse personality types. Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work.
Experience with introduction of Agile in a hybrid environment (waterfall) and interfacing between the two is a plus.
- Experience with Agile transformation in an organization
- Experience working with large programs that use multiple Agile teams
- Hands on experience with metrics and tracking tools used in Scrum Experience with scaling Agile in the enterprise