Sr. IT Program Manager - Long-term Contract - *Remote*
For our direct client, a global leader in the professional services field, we seek a Sr. IT Program Manager for a long-term (12-36 mo) contract. This is a REMOTE position but most meetings are conducted in the Eastern Time Zone hours, with many morning meetings with European colleagues and stakeholders. Occasional visits to the Northern NJ office may be required.
In this role, you will support one or more programs within the client's IT project portfolio, and may also be responsible for leading several projects within that portfolio as the project manager.
Program Managers are responsible for planning and governance and overseeing the successful delivery of the programs output, to ensure alignment against programs goals.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Organization and monitoring of inter-connected projects
- Define the program governance (controls) and/or adhere to the controls in place from the broader PMO organization
- Planning the overall program roadmap and monitoring progress
- Build & maintain project plans, including approach, scope, tasks, durations, work effort, dependencies, budget, planning assumptions, resource allocation and deliverables
- Enablement and support of program strategies and objectives
- Support demand planning
- Apply change, risk and resource management processes within your programs
- Apply rigorous program financial monitoring & reporting
- Assess program performance and support of GPMO best practices and established portfolio standards and guidelines
- Management and delivery of program level reporting
- Escalation channel to support resolution of project issues (escalating to Portfolio Manager when necessary)
- Ensure clear KPI’s are defined at the outset to track the success of the program
1. Strong knowledge and handling of project and program management methodology and techniques
2. Strong leadership skills
3. Strategic thinker, ability to find innovative ways to solve problems
4. Analytic and decision making skills – Ability to analyze and document a situation/scenario and propose options, recommendations and cost impact
5. Project financial management
- Forecasting of resources and cost
- Validation of forecast against budget
- Tracking of project spend, and justification for change requests
6. Project planning and monitoring
- Definition of key milestones
- Development of detailed plans
- Approach/forum to facilitate gathering of status information, and surfacing of progress limiting issues
7. Communication/presentation skills
- Clear, concise status reporting
- Ability to craft leadership / executive level communications
- Strong presentation skills (able to clearly tell ‘the story’)
8. Strong stakeholder management and relationship management
- Ability to build strong relationships across multiple groups
- Acts as a trusted advisor to the business / stakeholders
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience. A program manager should not only exhibit experience setting up and running large programs, but also, exhibit practical experience of having been a project manager for large complex initiatives.
- Strong experience managing both IT and Business programs preferred.
- Management consultant / advisory experience preferred.
- Strong project management skills with experience in organizing, prioritizing, planning, and executing projects from definition through implementation, involving internal personnel and third-party contractors
- Self-motivated and output focused
- Flexibility to travel as required to regional locations
- Drive and demonstrated success working independently in a virtual environment
- Capable of strategic thinking and of moving strategic plans into action
- Capable of managing multiple priorities simultaneously
- Strong experience in Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint and SharePoint.
- Experience using Clarizen or similar Portfolio/PPM tool is a plus.
Job ID: 4788