Windows Systems Administrator
Would you like to expand your IT Windows Systems Administration and Engineering career and work on challenging projects, in a company that has a true humanitarian mission and adds value to the local community, where you and your peers are really making a difference? If so, you should check out this opportunity with our direct client in Westchester County, NY.
We seek a System Administrator who has the ability to deploy, configure, maintain and monitor IT infrastructure and help ensure smooth network operations, a secure environment and enhance performance. In this role you will join a small team of engineers to tackle challenging projects to support the company's growth. This newly-created position will help manage and implement Windows-server infrastructure and related applications, but will also tackle some new projects which could include security, facilities automation, and other interesting initiatives. This company has top-notch IT management and provides an excellent work environment, training and career growth opportunities, and a team and community spirit.
We seek a self-starting, local (commutable to central Westchester county) candidate who has much of the following experience:
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or relevant degree/experience.
- 3+ years of experience supporting operational production environments.
- 3+ years of experience in a complex Windows environment, with some Linux knowledge as well.
- Excellent communication skills, attention to detail, strong commitment to following and improving processes and procedures.
- A dedication to producing useful and detailed documentation.
- Security focused with a production mindset.
- Experience with any electronic health record platforms is a plus.
- ITIL knowledge and practice focused on managing mission critical systems.
- ITIL Certification desired.
- Cisco training.
- Microsoft certification is desired.
- System and application experience.
- Demonstrated skills in planning and successfully executing complex IT projects.
- Excellent knowledge of best practices around management, control, and monitoring of server infrastructure.
- Ability to set up and configure server systems and applications.
- Familiarity with backup and recovery software and methodologies.
The company offers a stimulating, diverse and team-based work environment with comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 403(b) and a matching 401(k), generous paid time off, onsite Wellness facilities, and educational assistance. There is a team-based, patient-centered environment and value the benefits of a diversified workplace.
If you want to make a difference in the lives of thousands, if the position speaks to your capabilities, experience and commitment , please submit your resume today!
Immediate interview and hire – this position is a contract-to-hire and is planned to convert to full-time after a successful start for 3 months as a contractor.
Job ID: 4693