Director of Management Information Systems - Hybrid:
Director of Management Information Systems (MIS) – Hybrid:
Our direct client, a New York City-based nonprofit corporation, is seeking to hire a Director of Management Information Systems (MIS. In this role, you are responsible for overseeing the planning, design, integration, implementation, maintenance and support of all information technology (IT) functions for the organization. Other core responsibilities include managing MIS Department employees and third-party vendors, budget development and monitoring, and coordinating the progress of all active technology initiatives and projects.
3 days working on site in downtown Manhattan is required. Salary is in the $135-145K range, with some flexibility and outstanding benefits (including pension).
- Develop a strategic technology vision and formal plans (long and short term) for the best use and support of all information systems.
- Collaborate with senior management and staff in the development of these plans to achieve organizational goals.
- Oversee the implementation and support of high-quality cloud, platform, and infrastructure solutions that support the business strategies.
- Develop and enforce IT & IS policy and procedures to ensure the protection of IT assets, data integrity, network security and privacy.
- Prioritize initiatives and coordinate the evaluation, deployment and management of current and future technology systems and projects consistent with organizational goals and business requirements.
- Monitor and evaluate trends and developments in information technology, services and products.
- Identify and execute opportunities for automation
- Manage a team of 4 full- and part-time MIS Department employees, including: workload management, performance reviews, timesheet approvals, and staff training and development
- Prepare and administer the MIS Department’s operating and capital budgets, tracking all expenditures for technology related projects, equipment, and improvements.
- Manage the procurement process for all IT-related expenditures in accordance with organization’s s Procurement Guidelines and applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
Information Security Management
- Coordinate and monitor a strategic, comprehensive enterprise information security and IT risk management program.
- Develop and enhance organization’s information security management framework.
- Work directly with internal stakeholders to facilitate risk assessment and risk management processes.
- Have primary accountability for the seamless functioning of IT systems, including approximately 160 workstations, servers, and network equipment across 5 office locations (2 primary locations), as well as the growing public Wi-Fi network.
- Ensure timely, responsive and appropriate problem-solving and root-cause analysis in all matters pertaining to all technology functions.
- Develop, implement, maintain and regularly test Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity plan to ensure timely and effective restoration of IT services, as needed.
- Develop, communicate and enforce policies and standards for acquiring, testing, implementing and operating technology systems.
Vendor/ Contract Management
- Develop and maintain effective business partnerships with vendors to ensure responsive and high- quality service and product delivery.
- Manage vendors to ensure continuous delivery of technology in accordance with service level agreements and contractual obligations.
- Implement and maintain appropriate vendor-management policies.
Education and Experience Desired:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Information Technology, Information Systems, Cyber Security or other related field.
- Fifteen (15) years of increasing responsibility in Information Technology, including direct accountability for project management and implementation, technical and customer support, strategic planning and budget oversight.
- 5 years of experience managing outsourced Information Technology services including contract administration.
- Knowledge of common information security management frameworks, such as ISO/IEC 27001, and NIST.
- Experience with Cloud (Azure) computing/Elastic computing across virtualized environments.
- Comprehensive knowledge of business principles and techniques of administration, organization and management, including finance, marketing and operations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of personal integrity.
- Innovative thinking and leadership with an ability to lead and motivate cross-functional, interdisciplinary teams.
- Excellent judgment and problem-solving abilities.
- Data Management – Capacity to use data to improve processes and operations while analyzing results and presenting findings to others
Job ID: 5278