IT Infrastructure Support Contractor
Our direct client, a publicly traded (NYSE) premier firm, located in the White Plains, NY area is seeking an IT Infrastructure Support Consultant for immediate hire. This is a 12 mos + contract opportunity.
In this role, you will take on daily support tasks or projects to address a variety of issues or needs to help reduce the workload of their senior IT engineers so that they can focus their time on their Cloud project. This support will include building, maintaining and troubleshooting their infrastructure. You must be equipped and able to work in a dynamic environment. You will serve as part of a talented team of IT engineers who collectively demonstrate excellent technical competence, reliability in delivering mission-critical infrastructure, and who continually ensure the highest levels of accessibility, optimization, and security.
More Specifically you must be able to:
- manage and monitor any assigned systems and infrastructure as assigned.
- install, configure, test, and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools as assigned.
- maintain and support of backup and redundancy strategies.
- Maintain and support of data center hardware.
- Identify potential issues and proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure accessibility.
- Monitor and test performance of Infrastructure applications, foreseeing potential bottlenecks and identifying possible solutions.
- Provide technical support and guidance to the Helpdesk and junior technicians
Additional skills include:
- Competency in writing and maintaining custom scripts for infrastructure support.
- Ability to provide 2nd and 3rd level support.
- Excellence in communication with vendors and other IT personnel to resolve issues.
- Ability to participate in DR tests.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Provide occasional support outside of regular hours.
- Provide weekly status reports to management
- 5 to 10 years of experience as an IT Infrastructure engineer.
- Strong knowledge and experience in Microsoft Windows Active Directory, Windows servers, and support of virtual and physical servers.
- Strong knowledge and experience in VMware ESXi and Microsoft Hyper-V.
- Strong knowledge and support of maintaining backups of these systems.
- Knowledge of EMC Networker and Veeam backup platforms preferred.
- Knowledge and support of ExaGrid appliances.
- Support for Windows patching with WSUS.
- Knowledge of Red Hat Linux and Red Hat Satellite for patching support of our Linux environment a plus.
- Proven scripting skills with PowerShell.
- Strong overall networking knowledge.
- Azure Cloud migration knowledge a plus.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Flexible and able to learn quickly in an ever changing environment.
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Good project management skills.
- Strong multi-tasking skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Experience working successfully in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
For immediate consideration, please reply with your resume today!Job ID: 4776