Unified Communications & Collaboration Architect - Hybrid:
Unified Communications & Collaboration Architect – Hybrid:
Our direct client, a global logistics firm, is looking for someone to lead the firm through a Unified Communications & Collaboration (UCC) modernization. You will help create a UCC vision, define roadmaps, and translate business challenges into solutions. You’ll consult to understand business challenges, research solutions, define and architect a future state – all in alignment with firm’s strategic goals and secure technology ecosystem. You will be a key member of the Enterprise Architect Solutions team – responsible for ecosystem and network architect, but with an emphasis on providing solutions.
This role can be based in any of the following locations: NYC, Cincinnati, or Miami, ability to work on site a few times a month, or as needed.
- Provide leadership and expertise in the development of standards, architectural governance, design patterns, and practices for all things Unified Communications.
- MS Teams Voice – this project will enable Teams voice to be included in client’s environment, which has been selected as the organization wide collaboration tool.
- Be responsible for identifying gaps and issues, recommend areas of opportunity, determine potential timing and sequencing of improvement initiatives, and define the costs and benefits of proposed solutions.
- Utilize experience of Contact Center systems such as Contact Routing and CTI, Automatic Call Distribution (ACD), Interactive Voice Response (IVR), Call Recording, Workforce Management and Quality Assurance for multi-channel contact management of voice, email, chat, SMS messaging, etc. to provide guidance, thought leadership and operational support as a highly skilled Contact Center advisor to the technology team.
- Participate in large scale, multi-functional projects, including product development, merger and acquisition, and divestiture activities, with an open and creative mindset focused on delivering collaboration, contact center and/or CustX solutions.
- Identify areas for expansion and improvement by maintaining a forward looking vision to help assess potential avenues/opportunities to apply contact center technologies with new and unforeseen applications.
- Collaborate with App Dev, IT Ops, and IT Security teams on planned project requirements.
- Research, evaluate and recommend new infrastructure solutions and enhancements. Perform proof of concepts and create and present proposals to senior management.
- Participate in the design and implementation of complex UC infrastructure technologies.
- As needed, work closely with vendors to procure equipment and services as they relate to UC & Collab.
- Participate in project planning activities; provide scope of work and level of effort around UC projects.
- Produce UC & Collab design and as-built documentation to effectively handover new architectures to other departments for successful operational integration.
- Provide oversight and guidance during Voice related outage scenarios.
- Act as the escalation point of last resort, regarding complex and technically challenging UC or Collab related issues.
- Review and provide input to Voice related changes, which expect significant impact to the business.
- Stay relevant with technology changes and innovation in the area of UC and Collab via Gartner Analyst Interactions, trade shows, and webinars
- Deep and broad, expert level knowledge of Voice and Contact Center technologies (VoIP/PSTN/SIP/CTI/Call Recording/IVR/you know the list if you’re ready for this position).
- 5 years’ experience designing and architecting enterprise level voice and CISCO UCC systems and solutions.
- 7+ years hands on the keys experience developing, designing, maintaining, and plain old every day supporting a leading UCC solution.
- MS Teams Voice is a must have.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking (switches, routers, firewalls, protocols, again, you know the list if you are ready).
- Experience with UCC centric reporting and dashboarding – analytics and business intelligence a plus.
- Passion to keep learning, teaching, and sharing your knowledge.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a technology emphasis or relevant professional experience.
Job ID: 5256