Lead Full-Stack (Node.js) Developer - Hybrid:
Our direct client, a fast-growing fintech firm, is seeking a highly motivated Senior Developer to lead firm’s NodeJS practice in the U.S. You will oversee the development of key parts of the firm’s platform while building out this practice area. You will coordinate work, mentor staff, guide technology decisions, and contribute as a hands-on member of the software development team while hiring new developers to work on various projects. You will work closely with Product Management team throughout the software development process, detailing requirements, reviewing work in progress, and addressing issues found via manual test efforts.
This is a hybrid working model, candidate is expected to have the ability to work on site 3 or 4 days per week. The work location can be in: NYC, Greenwich, CT or Princeton, NJ.
- Full stack software engineering using a mix of NodeJS and React.
- Team leadership experience is a plus
- Ensure best practices (thorough code reviews, sufficient test coverage, accepted design patterns, etc.) are followed by your team(s).
- Act as key contributor on software architecture decisions and direction.
- Make yourself available to developers and business stakeholders for consultation and assistance with problem solving, as needed.
- Actively participate in peer code reviews as part of our standard SDLC and Change Management Process.
- Work with various business units to understand needs, resolve issues, and maintain open lines of communication.
- Keep a forward-looking eye on the technology landscape, helping to shape overall technology strategy for the firm.
- 10+ years of Full Stack, web-based application development
- 5+ years of development experience with NodeJS
- 3+ years of development experience with React front end framework
- Knowledge of performance testing frameworks including Mocha and Jest
- Working knowledge of Angular a plus
- Demonstrated experience leading multi-disciplinary technology groups
- Ability to work in an Agile / Kanban methodology
- Ability to work independently or as part of a group effort, as required
- Solid problem-solving ability
- Excellent communication skills
- Collaborative approach to software development
Job ID: 4970