Senior Windows Server / Azure Engineer - Full-time - Hybrid
Our direct client, a dynamic global firm and leader in their field, has migrated much of its infrastructure to the cloud and is expanding its infrastructure operations team, and seeks a strong engineer to join the team. This company has a very successful, stable global firm, with a collaborative culture. The position offers strong career growth potential and long-term stability, the position offers a competitive salary and bonus.
This position can be hybrid 3 days/week in either the Stamford, CT office or the Charlotte, NC office.
For this role we seek an experienced, well-rounded engineer who is responsible, strong hands-on and can offer support and guidance other global team members, with with strong Windows/Azure experience.
Job Title: Senior Systems Infrastructure Engineer
Reporting To: Cloud Operations Manager
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Senior Systems Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for maintaining and evolving the infrastructure that hosts and delivers the core business applications and workflows worldwide. Exposure is broad, covering many different technologies across business units, working in tandem with various teams, establishing relationships, all to provide a stable and efficient platform for the business to operate. This position requires a strong ability to drill down into the lower-level technical details while taking a holistic view, for triaging of major incidents and managing an end-to-end solution. You need to lead and manage a task force of stakeholders across multiple technical teams for permanent resolution of major
The highest priority is providing stability within the daily operations of the environment. To achieve this, we must follow a consistent approach, eliminating unnecessary complexities, making solutions easier to manage.
You will be a Senior member of our global server operations team who is responsible for managing and providing support for our services hosted in multiple regions within the Microsoft Azure environment. As a Senior engineer, you will serve as an escalation point for other systems engineers and you will be responsible for coaching and mentoring other team members and guiding them accordingly. You will be responsible for collaborating closely with cloud architects, database administrators. network administrators, security administrators, application teams, as well as other roles within the organization. Being an approachable team-player is therefore crucial for success, and willingness to lead initiatives is important too.
As part of providing support to a global environment, you will be part of an On-Call rotation that leverages several engineers in their respective US and European time zones.
This is a hybrid office-based position located out of our Stamford, CT (preferable) or Charlotte, NC location.
- Remote working days are Monday and Fridays.
- In-office days are Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
Competencies and Requirements:
- 5+ years hands-on experience with Microsoft Azure cloud offerings in a system engineering and operations capacity. Ability to design and implement Azure native solutions to reduce the need for 3rd party toolsets.
- 7+ years of Production Server Engineering and Operational support in a global environment that is predominately Windows with exposure to various versions of Linux.
- Strong ability to create and maintain scripts, utilizing toolsets/languages such as PowerShell, YAML, KQL, bash, JSON, Ansible, to automate manual processes.
- Experience deploying cloud resources utilizing Infrastructure as Code technology (Terraform).
- Experience working in an Azure DevOps/DevSecOps environment and knowledge supporting and maintaining CI/CD pipelines.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) to both a technical/non-technical audience.
Nice to have qualifications:
- Experience managing an Active Directory environment (DHCP, DNS, GPO, DFS)
- Experience designing and implementing Azure Monitor to provide the appropriate level of proactive alerting to ensure environmental uptime.
- Experience with Container support and orchestration within a public cloud (Docker, Kubernetes, AKS).
- Ability to liase with the architecture team to present new ideas, design a solution and see it through to implementation.
- Prior experience defining and/or operating disaster recovery plans.
- Ability to Mentor other system engineers on core support and triage approach improving overall team development and the quality of delivered IT services.
- Previous experience working with Security and Compliance teams to provide evidence demonstrating compliance with operational controls.
- Ability to identify areas of inefficiency, propose and implement standards and automations to reduce complexity, improving the overall framework.
- Understand and control the operational costs associated with operating in a Microsoft Azure environment.
- Ability to demonstrate strong time management and prioritization skills within a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrate strong Attention to Detail and a customer-centric mindset to understand requirements and follow established controls within the environment.
- Ability to create and maintain configuration, operational and control documents.
- Possess a Growth Mindset, keen to learning and exploring.
You need to be accountable, creative, and ambitious, taking an outside of the box thinking approach to solutions. You must be able to look at and visualize an improvement, propose your concept, and follow through to take your idea from a concept to a solution. You must be able to prioritize your work and reach out when you determine assistance is needed. You must have strong time management and organizational skills, the ability to think ahead and remain focused on the task at hand when you are being contacted from many different directions. You should be passionate about improving supporting processes and learning new methods and technologies to create operational efficiencies.
What we can offer you
A dynamic and international environment that will provide you with the ability to learn, operate and manage a variety of technologies. Opportunities to work collaboratively on projects in many different aspects and implementing improvements related to Operations. We empower our employees to help you develop and grow as it aligns with your responsibilities and justification for improvements and needs within IT. In our small team, your impact really makes a difference.
- 401K Matching
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off: 3 weeks to start.
- Personal Days
- Floating Holidays
- Summer Fridays
- Flexible Work Hours
The company US headquarters is in Stamford, CT a short walk from Metro-North and right off I-95, easily commutable via train or car. Charlotte office is just south of downtown Charlotte.
Immediate interview and hire – send resume today for immediate consideration! Job ID: 5206