Sr. AWS Engineer
Sr. AWS Engineer:
Our direct client, a fast-growing health care technology firm, in Greenwich is seeking Senior AWS System Engineer who wants to be part of a high-energy, fast growing, world-class technology team. Please note, client’s office will be open on June 1st, on-site work is required.
This position will play a significant role in setting up and supporting the AWS cloud infrastructure, which is being used to support the development and deployment of a new SaaS platform that helps companies manage their business process.
Looking for an experienced AWS System Engineer that can lead all aspects of designing, building, securing, and maintaining an AWS infrastructure for the new software platform. The candidate will be responsible for the infrastructure implementation, day to day operations, solving technical problems of comprehensive scope and complexity, and maintaining the security posture required for the HITRUST CSF Certification. The position will also establish the cornerstone of our standards, procedures and documentation construction and maintenance for our enterprise. In addition, recognizing impediments to our organizational efficiency and proposing and implementing solutions will be value propositions that the successful candidate will be able to provide. There will also be elements of ITSM and IT support that this position will be responsible for in the areas of desktop support, local network administration and Office365 support.
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- Extensive experience provisioning, automating, operating, and maintaining systems using common AWS technologies like VPC, EC2 instances (Windows and Linux), Elastic Beanstalk, Load Balancers, Docker, RDS (SQL Server), S3, and more utilizing industry’s best practices throughout the lifecycle of the project (5+ Years)
- Extensive experience monitoring AWS services by implementing and overseeing a Continuous Monitoring framework using Amazon CloudWatch and other external tools (Qualys, Splunk, Solarwinds, etc.) (5+ Years)
- Experience with hardening Operating System following CIS and NIST security controls. Working knowledge of Windows Server, Windows Active Directory, GPOs, and Linux OS required.
- Experience with performing OS and Software upgrades on a regular patch schedule/strategy
- Experience with DevOps processes and procedures including hands on support of CI/CD implementations (Jenkins, Azure DevOps) and other automation. Familiarity with overall Agile implementation
- Experience with backing up all AWS resources including RDS
- Knowledge of and demonstrable experience with ITSM, and familiarity with the ITIL framework and the overall corporate IT support function (desktop support, asset management, local network management, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institution, or equivalent experience
- Passion for exciting, early-stage experience in an exciting business with great potential
- Positive and solution-oriented mindset, self-motivated and self-managing attributes
- Flexibility and adaptability to work on multiple tasks with changing priorities
- Right attitude: show us your passion and what you can do!
Preferred Skill and Experience:
- AWS Certification (SysOps Administrator, Solutions Architect) recommended but not required
- Experience with Infrastructure as code utilizing AWS Cloud Formation to automate infrastructure provisioning and deployment
- Experience with monitoring AWS billing and develop cost optimization strategies
- Experience with HITRUST CSF Certification
- Familiarity (high-level) with HIPAA, HITRUST, NIST, PCI and FedRamp compliance requirements is helpful, but not necessarily required
Job ID: 4695