Sr. Data Engineer
Sr. Data Engineer:
Our direct client, a top tier hedge fund, in Greenwich is seeking two Senior Data Engineers with great problem-solving capabilities. In this role, you will be part of the cloud data engineering team, responsible for conducting the firm's data engineering efforts. The role is focused on the development of performant data pipelines and architectures on the alternative data team. You will work closely with data engineers, data analysts, data scientists, and other developers to help build and extend client’s significant data platform. They offer outstanding benefit and compensation packages.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Build and maintain robust data pipelines that ingest TBs of data.
- Build new Airflow DAGs that manage different operators or individual tasks.
- Create logical and physical data models for big data to be stored in cloud data warehouses.
- Optimize Spark and SQL queries.
- Create new SQL tables for reports and dashboards.
- Work with data warehouses: Snowflake, AWS Redshift, and other cloud data warehouses.
- Work with data analysts on implementing dashboards and performing analysis.
- Use Databricks Spark and data visualization tools to analyze business problems.
- Generate reports and dashboards for business insights.
- Write analytical queries to extract insights for large datasets (billions of rows, multi-TB in size).
The ideal candidate must have:
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience.
- A degree or advanced degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, or Machine Learning, with a record of academic success.
- Excellent development experience in Python, Apache Spark, and SQL.
- Extensive experience with large-scale data processing solutions.
- Extensive working knowledge of Apache Spark, Databricks and pandas.
- Extensive working experience with AWS ecosystem.
- Excellent computer science fundamentals and problem-solving skills.
- Strong ability to work in Linux environment.
- Experience in the fields of data warehousing, business intelligence and big data related technologies.
- Experience in creating logical and physical data models.
- Experience with one or more cloud MPP data warehouses including: Snowflake, AWS Redshift, Azure Data Warehouse (Synapse), or Google BigQuery.
The ideal candidate will also have:
- Experience with Java/Scala or C++
- Familiarity with machine learning libraries and applications
- Experience with object relational modeling frameworks (SQLAlchemy, DJango, etc.)
- Strong understanding of Docker and containerization
Job ID: 4676