Sr. Network Security Engineer
Senior Network Security Engineer
Our direct client,the largest investor-owned water utility in New England is seeking a Sr. Network Security Engineer for a full-time, onsite position in their Fairfield County, CT location.
In this role, you will be responsible for enterprise information by determining network and related security requirements; planning, implementing and testing network and security systems; preparing network and related security standards, policies, procedures; and performing associated operational support duties
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITES & ACTIVITIES:
- Evaluate current network and related security systems to propose and implement network system enhancements on Network Switches, Routers, Internet Firewall Services, VPN and other Network Management devices
- Define, design and implement network and related security solutions.
- Create and maintain standard builds/templates
- Apply advanced network and related security engineering and architecture knowledge on complex and diverse problems where analysis of situations requires in-depth evaluation
- Design, install, support, and maintain new network and related security hardware and software infrastructure.
- May oversee network and/or related security systems projects
- Provide network and related security solutions and advice to business and management requirements
- Allocate network resources, monitor network performance and usage, and ensure most cost effective and efficient use of network system resources
- Ensure all IT equipment complies with industry and regulatory standards
- Troubleshoot, analyze, and resolve faults in operational networks
- Ensure routine preventative maintenance and license compliance is performed
- Develop network and related security documentation, including diagrams and work instructions
- Track project milestones, deliverables and status
- Administrate procurement/contracts activities of network and related security assets
- Perform after hours support duties for network and infrastructure on a rotational basis
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, IT or related field
- Minimum 8 years of experience working within network infrastructure
- Minimum 4 years experience in firewall/security management CCNA, CCNP, Security Certifications
Preferred KNOW-HOW AND SKILLS:
- Experience in the following required: Microsoft servers, Cisco routing, Voice/data communications, Network architecture and Network services such as DNS, DHCP, Systems security, Application Architecture, Network monitoring and alerting, Firewall configuration maintenance, and Network protocol traffic management
- Experience with advanced network engineering principles, utility industry standards and developing technologies
- Experience in creating network design diagrams and documentation. Experience with packet capture and protocol analysis
- Exceptional analytical, troubleshooting, problems solving skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal, and time management skills Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; participating in professional organizations
- Strong team player
For immediate consideration, please reply today with your updated resume and salary requirments.Job ID: 4798