Our direct client is a major corporation in the Poughkeepsie, NY area. Due to multiple firmwide network upgrade and enhancement initiatives, they are hiring for two long-term (12-36 months) contractors and 1 full-time (or contract-to-hire) engineer to join the team on a full-time basis. This is a Hybrid position requiring 1 -2 days/week in the office, so they seek candidates located within 2 hour drive, to enable some onsite time with the team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Network team provides technical support for Information Technology and Operational Technology. Operational Technology includes Industrial Control Systems networks and supporting technology used to communicate with and secure these systems. Design and support of internal communication networks are also managed by the Network team.
Day-to-day responsibilities include configuration, testing, analysis and support of the network infrastructure for key Information Technology and Operational Technology Systems including but not limited to:
– Network hardware such as routers, switches, and firewalls and load balancers
• Nexus Switch management
• Cisco Identify Services management
• Wireless network management
• Network IDF buildouts
• Solarwinds Server Management
• Network documentation
• Experience with network device management including firewalls, routers, switches
• Strong skills in any layer-2 and layer-3 networking concepts (e.g., TCP/IP, EIGRP, BGP and VLANS)
• Experience with system integration, including development of strategies and implementation of best practices
• Experience with Cisco Switch, Router and security technologies (ie Cisco ISE).
• Experience with Windows and Linux server support a plus
• F5 or Palo Alto Firewall experience
• Technical understanding and/or working knowledge of supporting large application systems and network environments
Educational background desired:
A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering or related STEM field. In lieu of a Bachelor’s degree, an Associate’s degree in the aforementioned fields and at least 5 years of experience in Information/Operational Technology (e.g. network administration, system administration, technical support, etc.
For the full-time position or conversion to full-time, client offers a comprehensive comp package including:
• Competitive compensation
• Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
• 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with substantial company match
• Life and Travel Insurance
• Tuition Assistance
• Wellness Reimbursement Program
• Paid Holidays and VacationJob ID: 4913